What is Project Kick-off meeting?
A kickoff meeting is the first meeting with the project team and the client of the project. This meeting would follow definition of the base elements for the project and other project planning activities. This meeting introduces the members of the project team and the client and provides the opportunity to discuss the role of team member. Other base elements in the project that involve the client may also be discussed at this meeting (schedule, status reporting, etc.).
But before project kick-off, to make sure that everybody is in the same page, we need to cover the following:
- Introductions – meet your new best buds (15 mins)
- Client – what’s the background? (5 mins)
- Project – why are we doing this? (5 mins)
- Scope – what are we doing? (20 mins)
- Approach – how are we going to make this happen? (20 mins)
- Roles – who is doing what? (5 mins)
- Teamwork – how are we going to work together? (5 mins)
- Kickoff – what’s the agenda for the client kickoff? (5 mins)
Infographic brought to you by Wrike